Florida Automated System for Transferring Educational
FASTER and its interface to SPEEDE/ExPRESS
FASTER and SPEEDE/ExPRESS are sets of predefined data formats used by educational
institutions to electronically exchange student records and transcripts.
Institutions must subscribe to the FASTER and/or SPEEDE/ExPRESS systems in order
to participate in this exchange.
- We accept transcripts only when submitted by authorized institutions in the
FASTER or SPEEDE/ExPRESS formats.
- If you are a transcript service provider sending a secured PDF transcript,
please address it to the receiving institution's registrar's office.
- If sending for educator certification purposes, authorized service providers can
address the secured transcripts to
- Transcripts cannot be accepted if sent as an unsecure attachment and/or from an
individual’s email account.
- The 2017-18 FASTER annual cutover took place on August 1, 2017.
Details for the cutover changes can be found in the
- In the FASTER User Manual, Chapter 10 is obsolete and has been deleted.
Chapter 5 - Connecting to FDOE and
Chapter 6 - Process Parameter Record
have been added. Chapter 6 explains a new process implemented by FDOE that
elminates the need to submit IBM JCL and replaces it with process parameters.
It is always our intent to process student records as efficiently and securely
as possible. If you have technical questions concerning the processing of FASTER
records, please contact us at
Please include the details of your question or request in your email.
High schools with questions regarding missing or rejected transcripts should
first contact their district offices BEFORE contacting the Florida Department
of Education. Districts receive
an Edit Error Report each time they submit transcripts and can provide
information regarding the processing of transcripts. In addition, transcripts
which are processed by FASTER but fail Bright Futures edits are listed on the
district's Incoming Aging Report.